Ako Aotearoa Project Funding - round two now open
3 July 2019
Ako Aotearoa’s Project funding is now open for its second round in 2019. We invite proposals from teams seeking co-funding for projects in the $15,000 to $50,000 Ako Aotearoa funding category.
The key considerations for round two:
- Proposals should be within $15,000 to $50,000 (Ako Aotearoa’s funding contribution).
- The projects should be completed over 12 months.
- The proposals should describe a clear pathway to deliver a change to teaching practice for the benefit of learners.
Ako Aotearoa values proposals that are good collaborations with other partners. It is expected that the organisations contribute at least an equal amount of co-funding (in kind or cash).
The proposals may address any area of tertiary teaching and learning. The proposals should cover a research aspect and lead to the development of:
- innovations leading to new outputs (e.g. Iwi-led innovations leading to outputs such as badges, new technologies and their new uses, novel outputs and processes for personalised learning), new processes (e.g. for accreditation against professional teaching standards, or processes around gathering evidence portfolios for compliance with professional standards from the non-university tertiary sector)
- sustainable Professional Learning and Development (PLD) opportunities.
Further information and assistance
Download Ako Aotearoa’s Project Funding Procedures and Guidelines for all information about objectives, requirements and procedures.
Proposals must be developed using the Project Funding Application form which can be downloaded from our Co-Funding page.
For more information, view this presentation on the second round of Ako Aotearoa's project funding for 2019 (PDF, 1.8 MB).
Proposals should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 pm, Friday 23 August 2019.
The funding will be competitive and applications will be assessed by Ako Aotearoa’s Selection Panels. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 30 October 2019.
For advice in preparing a proposal, please contact the Sector Services Manager in your area:
or contact Beatrice Dias, the Project Funds Manager.