Pacific Cultural Centredness Pathway
This is a workshop followed by an optional online module.
$270 + GST per person (includes booking fees)
We can deliver this workshop in-house at a reduced price. Conditions apply. Please contact us to discuss your needs and budget.
Consider strategies to support Pacific learners and engage the wider community at an individual and organisational level.
- An understanding of the various key Pacific values from the seven major Pacific nations in Aotearoa - Samoa, Fiji, Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau, Tonga, and Tuvalu. Values are similar between island nations, however each value dependent on the context is uniquely different from one another.
- An understanding of the Pacific Learner within the Pacific contexts.
- How Pacific values can impact your strategic plans and contribute to your internal organisational Pacific/Pasifika strategic or operational plans.
- Strategies in engaging with Pacific communities.
Who should attend
- Non Pacific educators - especially those that work with Pacific learners.
- Any educator or researcher wanting to do projects in the Pacific community.
Ako Aotearoa ALNACC PLD Courses
Each course consists of a workshop delivered face-to-face or by video conference, followed by an optional four-week online module. The module is in the form of a community of professional learning. It is self-paced and takes a minimum of 1-2 hours of engagement per week.
Participants will have the opportunity to practise and reflect on the new learning and exchange experiences and ideas with each other and the facilitator.
Participants can collect evidence of participation and engagement in their PLD Portfolio or Kete.