Pacific Cultural Centredness Pathway
Gain an understanding of the key values from the seven major Pacific nations in Aotearoa - Samoa, Fiji, Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau, Tonga, and Tuvalu - and an appreciation of the unique values that define each one.
This is a four-week PLD course.
$270 + GST per person (includes booking fees)
Consider strategies to support Pacific learners and engage the wider community at an individual and organisational level.
- An understanding of the various key Pacific values from the seven major Pacific nations in Aotearoa e.g. Samoa, Fiji, Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau, Tonga, and Tuvalu. Values are similar between island nations, however each value dependant on the context is uniquely different from one another
- An understanding of the Pacific Learner within the Pacific contexts
- How Pacific values can impact your strategic plans and contribute to your internal organisational Pacific/Pasifika strategic or operational plans
- Strategies in engaging with Pacific communities
Who should attend:
- Non Pacific educators - especially those that work with Pacific learners.
- Any educator or researcher wanting to do projects in the Pacific community
Ako Aotearoa ALNACC PLD Courses
Each module consists of a four-week PLD course starting with a workshop, delivered face-to-face or by video conference.
This is followed by an online community of professional learning. Participants will have the opportunity to practise and reflect on the new learning and exchange experiences and ideas with each other and the facilitator.
Participants can collect evidence of participation and engagement in their PLD Portfolio or Kete.
They can receive a digital badge, or micro-credential, for participation in each of the three components and a ‘gold badge’ if all three badges are collected.