ALNACC, ONLINE COURSE
WordWise | All you need to know about teaching decoding and spelling
Hear about this course from facilitator, Annette van Lamoen.
This course includes two online video conferences, and an optional four-week online module. The self-paced module is in the form of a community of professional learning and takes a minimum of one to two hours of engagement per week.
Discover the interplay between decoding and spelling and learn how they can be taught at the same time.
In this course you will learn how to:
- teach decoding and spelling strategies to your learners
- define the relationship between decoding and spelling
- explain why English spelling is so complex
- identify what good decoders and spellers do
- apply cultural values in your teaching
Participants can earn Ako Aotearoa digital badges as evidence of participation and completion of course requirements.
Who is this course for?
This course is recommended for teaching and learning support practitioners seeking to expand their understanding and practice. (Tapatoru Pūkenga Papa Toru – Level 3)