Leaders growing leaders
PriceEmail firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing
This interactive in-house workshop explores concepts of leadership and provides tools and processes to support leadership growth in yourself and others.
This full-day in-house workshop is for those wanting to enhance their leadership practices, and grow leadership capability and capacity in themselves and others. The workshop explores the relationship between espoused leadership theory and the implications for practice.
- growing your leadership knowledge
- aligning theory and practice
- building a leadership culture
- leading growth and change in others
- nurturing aspiring leaders
This workshop uses a purpose built framework to help you reflect on your current practices and the impact these have on others. Along with a collaborative and interactive approach to identify the gaps between theory and practice and how to align these to ensure effective leadership is purposefully grown, developed and sustained.
The workshop will include facilitated discussion, including individual and group tasks, personal and group reflection, concept analysis and action planning.
- New ways of thinking about leadership
- Increased leadership confidence and competence within educational settings
- Enhanced leadership practices that fit diverse educational settings
- Further understanding of how to provide sustainable leadership development and build culture.
The workshop will be supported with a handbook, tools and processes to support your leadership growth in response to changes in the education sector.
About your facilitators
Dr Debbie Ryder is Programme Leader of the Master of Education at Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand. Debbie has over 20 years of management and leadership experience.
Gwen Davitt is Programme Leader of New Zealand Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care at Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand. Gwen has an extensive background in facilitating adult teaching and learning and is passionate about integrating theory and practice.
What previous participants gained from this workshop
- “A framework to engage with the teams to effect change.”
- “Identified areas that are missing in my own organisation to help with effective decision making and support.”
Contact your local hub to book an in-house workshop on this topic.
Taking that next step in your professional learning and development is easy with Ako Aotearoa. Everything we do is evidence-based. Everything you’ll learn is practical, high-quality, effective and sustainable.
We offer three main ways to learn and develop with us.
- In-house Learning and Development
We can come to you to deliver in-house professional development. Contact us to discuss your needs and budget or download our in-house PLD flyer.
- Public Workshops
Register for one of our public workshops scheduled throughout the year.
- Ako Talks and webinars
These online sessions deliver bite-sized information about current topics of interest to educators. Dates and topics are announced on social media and in our Community section and monthly e-news.