ePosts online | Enhancing tertiary learning and teaching through technology
Explore and assess technology solutions, along with resources to facilitate technology enhanced learning, to enhance learning engagement and add value to the teaching and learning experience across different contexts.
This is a three-week course which requires attendance at three facilitated online sessions along with some weekly learning activities. There will be daily facilitation and support available.
In total, this course should take an average of 12 hours of learning, which equates to four hours per week.
- Compare a number of learning technology solutions.
- Assess their suitability for use in a range of learning contexts.
- Enhance learning engagement and add value to the teaching and learning experience across different contexts.
The learning outcomes
At the end of this course participants will:
- understand the important criteria for assessing technology options in the context of learner needs
- identify technology solutions that will support the development of key skills such as: communication; collaboration; problem solving and creativity
- apply technology to specific teaching situations in your practice that benefit learners.
Who is it for?
This introductory course is suitable for new tertiary teachers, and experienced teachers new to technology, keen to investigate and implement innovative learning technology solutions.
About the facilitator
Facilitator Ruth Boal has worked in the tertiary education sector for over 20 years, both in Scotland and New Zealand. She is passionate about learning, and the use of educational technology that engages learners in ways they may never have experienced before.
"The most rewarding aspect of my work is seeing the difference alternative learning and assessment approaches can have for learners who have found education difficult in the past".