Pacific Tertiary Education Forum 2018
APSTE and Ako Aotearoa are proud to present the 2018 Pacific Tertiary Education Forum (PTEF), a fono for tertiary practitioners and stakeholders to talanoa (discuss) and create solutions to increase the successful outcomes of Pasifika in Aotearoa.
The PTEF aims to bring together Pacific peoples from all parts of the tertiary education sector to share in discussion and debate around what it means to be part of today’s rapidly changing tertiary education environment. The theme 'Be the change you wish to see in the world' will be examined through a uniquely Pacific perspective, drawing on the experiences of a broad cross-section from the tertiary sector.
Keynote speakers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks.
Some of the themes that will be explored include:
- The rapidly changing tertiary sector and how we can stay connected to values
- Challenges for Pasifika learners today and cultural responsiveness, political responsiveness, academic responsiveness and community responsiveness to these challenges
- Leadership in tertiary education for Pacific peoples
- Government priorities for Pacific education
- Pasifika learners in STEM Education
- The Pacific worldview in a New Zealand tertiary education context
We are delighted to announce that Associate Professor Hon Luamanuvao Winnie Laban, Assistant Vice-Chancellor (Pasifika) at Victoria University of Wellington is a confirmed keynote speaker.
More speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
We invite you to join this vaka / waka and be part of the exciting journey towards greater educational success. Working together we can make practical changes to the tertiary landscape, and become better equipped to meet more of the challenges presented by globalisation in the Pacific contexts.
Ako Aotearoa and the Association of Pasifika Staff in Tertiary Education (APSTE).