Kia eke ki te taumata - Success for Māori in tertiary education
PriceEmail email@example.com for pricing
Draw connections between teaching contexts and research-based findings that support enhanced Māori learner outcomes.
The workshop covers:
- understanding Māori learners
- enhancing success rates for Māori learners
- principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and their implications to teaching
- implementing Kaupapa Māori.
At the end of this course participants will have:
- an introduction to kaupapa Māori-based teaching practice
- a term of reference on which to base and review teaching
- some strategies for working better with Māori learners
- an awareness of kaupapa Māori-based research
- consideration of other perspectives.
Who is this in-house workshop for?
This workshop is recommended for tertiary educators and practitioners who want to learn how they can better engage their Māori learners.
Please note as a prerequisite, participants should have preferably completed some professional development, either the Ako Aotearoa Te Tiriti o Waitangi professional development workshop or a similar programme offered within your organisation.
Contact your local hub to book an in-house workshop on this topic.
Taking that next step in your professional learning and development is easy with Ako Aotearoa. Everything we do is evidence-based. Everything you’ll learn is practical, high-quality, effective and sustainable.
We offer three main ways to learn and develop with us.
- In-house Learning and Development
We can come to you to deliver in-house professional development. Contact us to discuss your needs and budget or download our in-house PLD flyer.
- Public Workshops
Register for one of our public workshops scheduled throughout the year.
- Ako Talks and webinars
These online sessions deliver bite-sized information about current topics of interest to educators. Dates and topics are announced on social media and in our Community section and monthly e-news.