Kaikaikororo - Enhancing student success within Wānanga
This research aims to better understand what the unique features of the Wānanga experience are that contribute to student achievement and success. This project is a collaboration between Te Wānanga o Raukawa, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, and Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi.
The main aims of this project are to find out:
- how the Wānanga environment promotes student success
- what the student outcomes are that are unique to the Wānanga experience
- what strategies will further enhance student success at Wānanga
- what the major impediments to student success are at Wānanga
- what common features, across all Wānanga, contribute to student success.
This project will use a qualitative approach, including a literature review and interviews with the CEOs and six staff members from each of the three Wānanga.
A group-based hui will also be held at each of the three Wānanga with 20 students at each hui discussing and debating the research question to consider how the research might encourage student success. Feedback from all of the sessions will be transcribed and an analysis report will be prepared.