Ki te hoe – Indigenising Practice: Te Tiriti o Waitangi
A Te Tiriti o Waitangi – Information Folio
Created by: Williams, Ngaroma. M., Delaune, A. & Betts, R. (2023)
To use this resource effectively, Kaiako are encouraged to navigate this resource independently to evaluate their understandings of Te Tiriti o Waitangi in action and strengthen their professional practice.
The resource consists of five key Te Tiriti o Waitangi kaupapa (topics):
- A rationale for both the historical and legislative standing of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Examples of what governs practice within the early childhood education sector - this is not an exhaustive list, rather it has been collated to guide understanding and provoke continual engagement;
- Questions for reflection and consideration;
- A range of tangible and intangible possessions with associated examples to support Te Tiriti based curriculum directions and design; and
- A content pathway to support te reo Māori language planning.