Ako Aotearoa announces three Regional Forum events for 2023
3 February 2023Supporting staff, Strategic Leadership and Change
The Sector Services Managers of Ako Aotearoa warmly invite you to our 2023 Regional Forums hosted by our Northern, Central, and Southern hubs. Join us in addressing current sector challenges and collaborating on strategies for the future.
Ako Aotearoa is excited to announce three Regional Forums hosted by our Northern, Central, and Southern hubs. These forums will take place in the first half of this year:
- Northern Regional Forum in Auckland on 3 March (PAST)
- Central Regional Forum in Wellington on 5 May
- Southern Regional Forum in Christchurch on 9 June
The purpose of these forums is to reconnect with you after three challenging years. We want to bring the tertiary community together to unpack the challenges we have all been facing and explore successful strategies to overcome such challenges.
Four key themes will guide the discussions:
- Online technology & learning – Covid-19 forced educational organisations to shift entire curriculums online, but lockdown learning was far from an enjoyable experience
- Re-engaging learners/ākonga – Perhaps the most challenging: re-engaging learners following a difficult three years
- Diversity – The Tertiary Education Strategy requires organisations to reduce barriers to success and strengthen the quality of teaching. This will give our diverse groups of learners the skills they need to succeed in education, work and life
- Wellbeing – All tertiary education providers are expected to comply with the new Pastoral Care Code to create an environment that supports both learning and wellbeing
Stay tuned for more information about the Central and Southern Forums!
Download the Northern Regional Forum programme.