ePosts online | Enhancing tertiary learning and teaching through technology
DurationThree-week online course
PriceEmail firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing
Explore and assess technology solutions, along with resources to facilitate technology enhanced learning, to enhance learning engagement and add value to the teaching and learning experience across different contexts.
This is a three-week course which requires attendance at three facilitated online sessions along with some weekly learning activities. There will be daily facilitation and support available.
In total, this course should take an average of 12 hours of learning, which equates to 4 hours per week.
- Compare a number of learning technology solutions
- Assess their suitability for use in a range of learning contexts
- Enhance learning engagement and add value to the teaching and learning experience across different contexts.
The learning outcomes
At the end of this course participants will:
- understand the important criteria for assessing technology options in the context of learner needs
- identify technology solutions that will support the development of key skills such as: communication, collaboration, problem solving and creativity
- apply technology to specific teaching situations in your practice that benefit learners.
Who is this in-house course for?
This introductory course is suitable for new tertiary teachers, and experienced teachers new to technology, keen to investigate and implement innovative learning technology solutions.
About the facilitator
Facilitator Ruth Boal has worked in the tertiary education sector for over 20 years, both in Scotland and New Zealand. She is passionate about learning, and the use of educational technology that engages learners in ways they may never have experienced before.
"The most rewarding aspect of my work is seeing the difference alternative learning and assessment approaches can have for learners who have found education difficult in the past".
Contact your local hub to book this online course for your organisation.
Taking that next step in your professional learning and development is easy with Ako Aotearoa. Everything we do is evidence-based. Everything you’ll learn is practical, high-quality, effective and sustainable.
We offer three main ways to learn and develop with us.
- In-house Learning and Development
We can come to you to deliver in-house professional development. Contact us to discuss your needs and budget or download our in-house PLD flyer.
- Public Workshops
Come to one of our half-day or full-day public workshops taking place throughout the year in different parts of the country.
- Online learning courses
Our online courses use a combination of synchronous and asynchronous, facilitated learning and incorporate time for practical application.