Enhancing Māori cultural capability
DurationFour-week online course
PriceEmail email@example.com for pricing
In-depth, customised courses for organisations seeking to enhance their Māori cultural capability.
About the course
Each course consists of a workshop delivered face-to-face or by video conference, followed by optional four-week facilitator support. This support is in the form of a community of professional learning. It is self-paced and takes a minimum of 1-2 hours of engagement per week.
During these four weeks participants will have the opportunity to practise and reflect on the new learning and exchange experiences and ideas with each other and the facilitator.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- recognise and describe Māori knowledge, values, and/or learning and teaching methodologies
- apply Māori knowledge, values, and/or learning and teaching methodologies in your teaching context.
The course will examine some Māori cultural values related to Ako (learning and teaching), Manaakitanga (care and consideration), Rangatiratanga (independence and decision-making), and Whanaungatanga (relationships).
Who are these course for?
In-depth, tailored and facilitated courses for organisations seeking to enhance their Māori cultural capability. This course is for tertiary practitioners and educators, and will be planned with you and customised to your organisation's specific learning requirements.
Digital badges can be achieved by:
- participating and engaging in a facilitated workshop
- interacting with some online activities (audio, visual, and text), and trialling one in your practice with colleagues or students, and
- writing a reflective commentary about the activity trialled, with feedback from the facilitator.
Please read these Terms and Conditions before registering for events.
Contact us to discuss options for booking a course on this topic for your organisation.
Taking that next step in your professional learning and development is easy with Ako Aotearoa. Everything is evidence-based, practical, high-quality, effective and sustainable.
Our range of PLD workshops and courses can be delivered online or face-to-face, many with digital badges awarded on completion:
- In-house Learning and Development
We can deliver in-house professional development targeted to your needs. For face-to-face options, we can come to you. Contact us to discuss your needs and budget.
- Public Online Workshops
Register for one of our public workshops scheduled throughout the year. So many topics to choose from!