Terms and conditions
Registering for an Ako Aotearoa event
Please read these Terms and Conditions before registering for events run by Ako Aotearoa as part of the Professional Learning and Development Programme.
Ako Aotearoa events include courses, workshops, forums, seminars, conferences and other events, most of which are run under the Ako Aotearoa Professional Learning and Development Programme.
Good-buy 2020 Promotion Terms and Conditions
- Receive a 20% discount when you register for any of our 2021 public Professional Learning and Development (PLD) scheduled programmes before 24 December 2020 AND use the GOODBUY20 code during checkout.
- Discount applies to public scheduled workshops for 2021 only as displayed on our Professional Learning page at the time of promotion. Discount excludes Tuia Te Ako events.
- Registration must be completed by 23:59 on 24 December 2020.
- If paying by invoice this must be requested during the online registration process. Credit card payments are also accepted during registration.
- There are no limits to the number of times you can use the code, just complete your registration before 24 December. Pass the code on to your colleagues and help them say goodbuy to a difficult year too!
- Maximum enrolments apply to each workshop. Not all workshops may still be available.
- If the workshop you register for is cancelled, our usual refund and transfer terms apply.
- This promotion runs from 2 November 2020 to 23:59 on 24 December 2020.
- No rain cheques. Does not apply to in-house workshops or courses.
Registering for an event
- Registrations for all events are required. Events have a limited number of places. When all places have been filled, Ako Aotearoa may operate a ‘waiting list’ for people still wishing to attend.
- Registrations are confirmed once the registration form has been submitted. Please note that registrations cannot be accepted unless the registration form has been fully completed.
- Payments can be taken by card or invoice. Both options are available to select once you reach the checkout. Invoices are raised by Massey University on behalf of Ako Aotearoa so please note that there will be a delay between registering for the event and receiving the invoice.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
- The registrant is liable for payment to Ako Aotearoa for all fees.
Attending the event
If you are attending an online workshop, a Zoom link with instructions will be emailed to you approximately one week prior to workshop commencement.
Withdrawing or cancelling your registration
- Only withdrawals or cancellations notified in writing to Ako Aotearoa will be considered for a refund. Email email@example.com, with the event title in the subject line.
- If a registrant is unable to attend, a replacement may be sent to attend the full event. Partial attendance will be charged in full. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of any changes prior to the event starting date.
- If you cancel your registration seven business days or more before the start of an event, the event price less the management fee will be refunded.
- The registrant must have a valid reason for cancellation outside of the refund period. In special circumstances, written notification needs to be immediate, the situation will then be assessed and reviewed by Ako Aotearoa.
Registrants who do not attend on the start date, will not receive a refund.
Postponement and cancellation of an event by Ako Aotearoa
- Ako Aotearoa reserves the right to cancel a scheduled event. In these circumstances, a full refund of any fees will be arranged.
- Five business days’ notice will be given if an event is to be cancelled.
- If an event is postponed, registration(s) can be transferred to an alternative date.
- Registrants who have requested an invoice, will not receive an invoice when an event is cancelled.
- Registrants who have paid by credit card will have the option to be refunded or transferred to a different event of the same price.
Video conference recordings
The video conferences will be recorded for quality assurance and facilitator reflection purposes, but unless otherwise stated recordings will not be shared with the course participants or any other individual, group, or organisation/tertiary institution. Any participant who misses an online workshop will be sent the PowerPoint PDF and resources, but not the recording.
Data we hold about our attendees
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you give Ako Aotearoa permission to use the personal details you provide for facilitation and for Ako Aotearoa’s internal processes. As a participant in a course or event, your contact details will be added to our database unless you decline.
If you sign up to receive our e-news, this information will be used for marketing and educational purposes by Ako Aotearoa.
Personal details will not be shared with any third parties.