Making the invisible visible: Illuminating undergraduate learning outcomes beyond content and skill
A three-year project that explored undergraduate learning outcomes beyond content and skills acquisition. A collaboration between The University of Auckland and Victoria University of Wellington.
The aims of the project included:
- identifying educational learning outcomes of undergraduate students
- developing tools to observe, analyse and report these outcomes
- enabling staff to use these tools in their practice.
The methodology of the research project featured:
- student surveys with 800 undergraduates in the disciplines of psychology, chemistry, law, dance studies, English and music
- 17 academic interviews across six disciplines
- at least two employer interviews from each discipline.
Dr Barbara Kensington-MillerUniversity of Auckland
Dr Alys LongleyThe University of Auckland
Dr Amanda GilbertVictoria University of Wellington
Dr Sean StrumUniversity of Auckland
Andrea MeadThe University of Auckland
Alison ClelandThe University of Auckland
Dr Bernadette KnewstubbVictoria University of Wellington
Research AssistantThe University of Auckland
$150,000.00 (excl GST)
A report prepared by The University of Auckland, Victoria University and Auckland University of Technology.
- 1 June 2019