Making the invisible visible: Illuminating undergraduate learning outcomes beyond content and skill
A three-year project to explore undergraduate learning outcomes beyond content and skills acquisition. A collaboration between The University of Auckland and Victoria University of Wellington.
The aims of the project include:
- identifying educational learning outcomes of undergraduate students
- developing tools to observe, analyse and report these outcomes
- enabling staff to use these tools in their practice.
The methodology of the research project will feature:
- student surveys with 800 undergraduates in the disciplines of psychology, chemistry, law, dance studies, English and music
- 17 academic interviews across six disciplines
- at least two employer interviews from each discipline.