Our Māori learner success strategic goals
Our strategic goals
Ako Aotearoa is guided by five strategic goals, each of which underpins our committment to Māori learner success:
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi guides all that we do as we seek to be a leading body for the tertiary sector in a diverse Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Leading change in teaching and learning excellence and educational capability.
- Valuing learners as partners – their diverse voices, experiences and aspirations.
- Tackling racism and bias wherever it occurs with strengths-based approaches to improve educational outcomes for Māori and Pacific Peoples.
- Building language, literacy, numeracy and cultural capability in foundation and bridging education and workplace learning.
Guided by the Tertiary Education Strategy, we partner and collaborate with tertiary organisations, Government departments, iwi, wider industry and workplaces to prioritise educational and cultural capability building.
Read our Shared Strategic Agenda | Koronga Rautaki Mahitahi.
Government agency strategies
We are also guided by: