Apply for the DFQM
Dyslexia-Friendly Quality Mark standards
To achieve the DFQM, organisations need to meet standards that measure their practice in four key areas:
- leadership and management
- the quality of teaching and learning
- the teaching and learning environment provided for learners
- the quality of the organisation's relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Organisations will need to submit documentary evidence that they have met the standards.
Facilitated application process
Our facilitators will support you through the application process. They will help you to undertake a self-assessment against the standards, implement your action plan, and prepare a portfolio of evidence for submission. We have also developed an online tool to guide you through the application and submission process.
Watch this short video about the application process:
Information about the process
- Any tertiary organisation can register their interest and apply to be accepted for the accreditation process.
- An accreditation fee of $3,000 +GST applies to each application.
- There is a small number of sponsored places available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Complete our enquiry form for more information on the application process, or to register your organisation's interest in applying for the DFQM.
Check out the DFQM flyer to read more about DFQM.
DFQM | Application Process
Diagram showing the application process for the New Zealand Dyslexia-Friendly Quality Mark.
(PDF, 518 KB)
- 5 December 2023
DFQM | Timeline Guide For Accreditation
A timeline for organisations to use in planning their DFQM journey. It shows the steps in the accreditation process and expected timeframes to complete them.
(PDF, 266 KB)
- 15 August 2023
Frequently asked questions about the NZ Dyslexia-Friendly Quality Mark.
(PDF, 275 KB)
- 28 July 2023
DFQM | Underpinning evidence
Review of evidence underpinning the New Zealand Dyslexia-friendly Quality Mark.
(PDF, 818 KB)
- 5 December 2023
DFQM | WAGOLL
'What a Good One Looks Like' – the features of a dyslexia-friendly organisation.
(PDF, 302 KB)
- 11 December 2023