This kete supports educators and practitioners to deliver high-quality teaching and learning.
Kaiwhakahaere Māori/ Manager of Māori Cultural Capability
Dr Mei Winitana
firstname.lastname@example.org / 021414608
Māori Cultural Capability Pathway (MCCP)
- Free online resource - https://pathwaysawarua.com/
- No feedback or assessment offered
- Learner can track own progress
- No digital badge offered
This pathway (as shown in the image on the left) is an online cultural resource for adults. It was designed to complement what people are already doing in their workplaces and with adult learners. We are constantly adding new content and multi-media activities
Self-directed Online Courses:
- Course opens on 10 July 2023
- Assessment must be submitted before 30 Nov. 2023
- Learner creates a simple one-time login
- Online tech Helpdesk with a real person
- Digital badge earned for successful completion of assessment
Ako course – click here to register
Manaakitanga Course - click here to register
Rangatiratanga Course – click here to register
Whanaungatanga Course – click here to register
These four courses are designed to support Māori cultural awareness and practice of four traditional values and learning/ teaching methodologies. Each course contains multi-media and interactive kōwae/ modules of work to engage in. An assessment task based on reflective practice of the learner is included.
Online Public Workshops:
- Seven 1-hour facilitated workshops
- Scheduled for lunchtime: 12.15pm-1pm
- Digital badge earned for participation and engagement
- Applying Ako in your practice – click here to register
- Applying Tuakana- Teina in your practice – click here to register
- Applying the Āta Framework in your practice – click here to register
- Applying Te Whare Tapa Whā in your practice – click here to register
- Applying Whanaungatanga in your practice – click here to register
- Applying Manaakitanga in your practice – click here to register
- Applying Rangatiratanga in your practice – click here to register
Semester 1 (February-June): Introductory workshops only
Semester 2 (July- November): Advanced workshops only
These workshops are designed to introduce some Māori values, practices, and learning/ teaching methodologies to educators and practitioners in the tertiary education sector. Workshops are also appropriate for people in other work sectors as well.
- Online or face-to-face delivery.
- 4-week duration
- Includes Interactive and multi-media activities with takeaway resources.
- Two digital badges can be earned
These courses are co-planned with the organisation and are customised to Māori values, practices, and/or learning/ teaching methodologies. Digital badges can be earned for participation and engagement, and completion of a negotiated task.