Applying Māori cultural capability
DurationOne hour online sessions
Price$50 per session + GST
Learn strategies for applying Māori values and methodologies in your practice. A series of seven one-hour introductory online workshops, each exploring ways to apply Māori values/ methodologies in various contexts.
About the series
These workshops are adapted from the kōwae/modules within our Māori Cultural Capability Pathway located on the Pathways Awarua website. Kōwae/modules can be taken individually or as a complete series.
- Ako (learning-teaching)
- Tuakana-Teina (older-younger /experienced-inexperienced)
- Āta Framework (thoughtful deliberation before action)
- Te Whare Tapa Whā (the four dimensions of a person’s wellbeing)
- Manaakitanga (caring/ uplifting each other)
- Rangatiratanga (empowering students)
- Whanaungatanga (relationships).
At the end of this introductory series participants will have:
- gained deeper cultural insights into some Māori cultural values and practices
- explored some ways to apply the cultural values as learning teaching methodologies appropriate for their contexts.
Who are these workshops for?
These introductory sessions are designed for anyone seeking to enhance their Māori cultural capability in their practice.
Ako Aotearoa badges
Participants can earn Ako Aotearoa digital badges as evidence of participation and completion of workshop requirements.
Māori Cultural Capability (MCC) pathway
Participants of this workshop series can pursue the following options to continue their professional development:
- free MCC online modules with Pathways Awarua
- further MCC independent learning with Ako Aotearoa to achieve digital badges
- TEO in-house workshops customised for your organisation by Ako Aotearoa.
Contact us to find out more about these workshop topics.
Taking that next step in your professional learning and development is easy with Ako Aotearoa. Everything is evidence-based, practical, high-quality, effective and sustainable.
In response to the current challenges of delivering “face-to-face” events, our range of PLD is delivered online - workshops and courses, many with digital badges awarded on completion:
- In-house Learning and Development (currently online only until further notice)
We can come to you to deliver in-house professional development. Contact us to discuss your needs and budget.
- Public Online Workshops
Register for one of our public workshops scheduled throughout the year. So many topics to choose from!
- Ako Talks and webinars
These online sessions deliver bite-sized information about current topics of interest to educators. Dates and topics are announced on social media and in our Community section and monthly e-news.